Thursday, May 31, 2012

Reflection

After going through 10 weeks of class and covering a wide variety of topics, it is not clear to me that the information about the financial crises that have occurred throughout history is the most applicable to understanding how the world works. This topic was something that was relatively unknown to me until this class, and after delving into a deeper dissection the problems with the global economy can be easy to identify after looking at these problems. A country could strengthen it's economy by strengthening domestic consumption while at the same time expanding trade routes.

After this class my interest in foreign exchange markets, arbitrage, and in the economy in Hong Kong in general.  I would really like to know more about how trading in foreign exchange markets works and how much of an opportunity there is to make a profit in these markets. I also have learned a lot about Hong Kong that I was unaware of and reading the articles about the economy has really provided me with a great opportunity to learn about the culture and country.

I would strongly recommend this class to anyone who is planning on studying abroad. It provides you with a great reason to actually do a lot of research about your country before you leave (and the due dates really give you a great incentive to not procrastinate about doing it). This class really taught me a lot about  Hong Kong and other foreign countries that I would not have ever been aware of without it. This class has been a great learning experience and I would definitely take it again knowing what I know now.

No comments:

Post a Comment